Template:Infobox person Lee Hall (born c. 1961) is an American lawyer whose published work includes a number of articles on migration, anti-terrorism legislation, and detentions. Hall, who has taught immigration law at Rutgers University, is also associated with the nonhuman rights movement, and is vice-president of legal affairs for the international advocacy group, Friends of Animals (founded in 1957). She is also currently at Vermont Law School researching climate change issues.
The combined interests in human and nonhuman rights that run through Hall's writings focus on the culture of the cage, and the concept of transcending it.
- On Their Own Terms: Bringing Animal-Rights Philosophy Down to Earth (Nectar Bat Press, 2010) ISBN 0-9769159-3-6
- Capers in the Churchyard: Animal Rights Advocacy in the Age of Terror (Nectar Bat Press, 2006) ISBN 0-9769159-1-X
- with Priscilla Feral. Dining With Friends: The Art of North American Vegan Cuisine (Nectar Bat Press, 2005) ISBN 0-9769159-0-1
- Selected articles
- Fit To Be Tamed, Dissident Voice, 6 Jan 2004
- Globalizing Homeland Security Part I: Doing Time for the Towers, Dissident Voice, 28 Dec 2004
- Globalizing Homeland Security Part II: Before and After Tuesday, Dissident Voice, 30 Dec 2004.
- Playing with Your Food: The Gene Engineers, ActionLine magazine, Spring 2005
- Aliens on Spaceship Earth: The Controversial Sierra Club Elections, Bender’s Immigration Bulletin, Jul. 2005
- Chocolate, Unchained, Dissident Voice, reprinted by Global Exchange, 31 Oct 2005
- Carbon Copies: Is it ethical to turn animals into science projects? Pet cloning intensifies the issue, Legal Times, Dec 2005
- Reflections on the Masculine Hegemon: A Reply to Richard Twine Ecofem.org: The E-Journal (2005)* The Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act May Soon Be Law: How Could This Happen?, Dissident Voice, 31 Oct 2006
- Animal Rights and Wrongs Interview with Lee Hall, Satya Magazine, Oct 2006
- Homeland Security is Neither: Ecology, Justice and the Politics of Borders, Satya Magazine, Feb 2007
- Passionate Meat and Poultry Providers, Coming to a Town Near You, Arkangel, Apr 2007
- Wind Farms: The Hype and the Hope, ActionLine magazine, Summer 2007
- Coming of Age in a Concert Hall, Satya Magazine, Jun/Jul 07
- Hogwash! Or, How Animal Advocates Enable Corporate Spin, Dissident Voice, 29 Aug 2007
- Brutal Bureaucracies: Cloning Animals for Meat and Milk Okayed, Dissident Voice, reprinted in Spinwatch Jan 2008
- Animals on Stage, Dissident Voice, 8 Jan. 2008
- Where Animal Rights Can Go From Here: A Dialogue Between the Abolitionist Online and Lee Hall, Abolitionist Online, Issue 7; Feb. 2008
- Speaking of Justice and Care, Abolitionist Online, supplement to Issue 7; 1 Jul. 2008
- ↑ For a reference to Hall's animal rights position, see Rudy, Kathy. Loving Animals: Toward a New Animal Advocacy, University of Minnesota Press, 2011, p. 5.
- Also see Iacobbo, Karen and Iacobbo, Michael. Vegetarians And Vegans in America Today. Greenwood Publishing Group, 2006, p. 139.
- ↑ Facebook info page for Lee Hall
- Hall, Lee. Movement Watch, ActionLine magazine
- Interview/Chat: Animal Rights Zone (ARZone) Transcript of Lee Hall’s ARZone Guest Chat (21 August 2010)
- Interview: Is There Anything Truly Sustainable or Humane About Eating Meat? by Joshua Frank, Alternet (May 2010)
- Podcast: The H2O Podcast: Lee Hall "Veganism: It's Good for the Earth -- But Is It a Realistic Goal?" (17 Dec 2008)
- Podcast: Wake Up America interview with Lee Hall (18 Dec 2006)
- Podcast: Vegan Radio interview with Lee Hall (Sep 2006)
- Podcast: [web.archive.org/web/20110706164648/http://www.animalvoices.ca/files/20060815_denise_goncalves_2.mp3 Animal Voices interview with Lee Hall] (Aug 2006)
- Interview: Animal Rights Advocacy in the Age of Terror: An Interview with Lee Hall by Salem Vegan Society (Jul 2006)